Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Ms. Gloria

Every day something happens in New York. Very often something good, but very rarely right in front of your studio. Today in front of our studio there was a street co-naming event. Our East 32nd Street and Third Avenue became "Ms Magazine Way" because Ms. Magazine was established in our building. Actually on the same floor where my studio is (appropriately marked in pink).
The first publisher and editor of the magazine, Gloria Steinem gave a speech and helped unveil the name of the street. That gave me a chance to talk to Gloria and take a picture with her. For me this was quite special because Gloria was one of the first people whom I met in 1986 when I came to New York. Through these years we have seen each other from time to time, but this was something quite special.





No comments:

Post a Comment